First of all, let's see what's on this weekend (& beyond)...
- Saturday 14th July - Weston-super-Mare FHS Local & Family History Day;
- Saturday 14th July - Southwell Book Fair;
- Sunday 15th July - Woodbridge Book Fair;
- The 'Archives for London' website has a few forthcoming events lined up for the autumn;
- The 'Events' page of the National Library of Scotland has been updated;
- If you're a regular at PRONI you may wish to browse this little lot;
- And Irish researchers may wish to add this event over 30th Oct-1st Nov to their diaries;
- Postcard Fairs are forthcoming at Twickenham (14th), Hastings (14th) and Powick (14th) - see here (check with organisers before travelling a long distance). Oh, and there's also a fair at Kinross Church Centre, High Street, Kinross, on 14th July, 10.30am-4pm (contact Gareth Burgess on 01368 860365);
- The BBC's 'Things To Do' page.
FindMyPast are at it again. This time they've released a few new bits and pieces for Wales and Kent. Oh, and they've also put together a piece on the family tree of Olympian Victoria Pendleton.
The most recent instalment of TNA's newsletter is dominated, of course, by the Olympics. Then there's their latest Podcast. And what's this...? TNA in the movies!
Those of you with seafaring ancestors may wish to check out the GOONS' forthcoming seminar on the topic (open to all).
Nick Thorne has a few useful paragraphs on the subject of Rate Books.
FamilySearch's recent 'records update' features a major Irish resource.
A small village in Kent has been honoured with a national heritage award.
Here's an interesting little item about Michelle Obama's family history.
The latest newsletter of the 'Ireland Reaching Out' venture is available here.
And there's a good deal more at the BI-Gen Twitter feed.
A man with too much money...